I-THE FORMATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- The Planning and Finance Department was established by Decision No. 32 / TĐT-QD on February 28th, 1998 as a professional unit with the function of advising and assisting the university's president board to organize and manage the financial accounting tasks of the university in accordance with the law has been developed in conjunction with the University Establishment Project.
- Along with the development of the university, on December 19th, 2009, the university’s president issued Decision No. 1282 / TĐT-TCHC about changing the Planning and Finance Department to the Finance Department today. During the past years, the name was changed not only to suit the university’s developmental scale and characteristics but also for the purpose of helping the Department to perform tasks and university activities.
II-FUNCTION AND MISSION
- The Finance Department is a unit directly under the TDT University with the function of advising and assisting the President to manage University’s financial and accounting tasks in accordance with the law.
- To advise on measures and regulations on financial management; make president’s financial decisions; organize and perform counting tasks efficiently and thriftily in order to avoid wastefulness and abide by current regulations.
The Finance Department’s major tasks:
- Based on the University’s operations plan, the revenues from tuition fees, expenses and other revenue sources, quarterly and annual estimates of revenue and expenditure are done according to regulations; balancing the revenue sources and expenditures to ensure the expenses for the sustainability of all activities at University.
- Collecting and managing revenue sources; paying expenses, inspecting and controlling the implementation of revenue-expenditure estimates according to the University’s standards to ensure the management and use of the university's funding sources with the right purposes and strictly adhering to regulations.
- Collecting and processing accounting data and information relating to the objects and contents of accounting work according to accounting standards and regimes. Inspecting and supervising the financial revenues and expenditures including obligations to collect and pay debts; inspecting the management and use of assets and sources of asset formation; detecting and preventing acts of violating the legislation on finance and accounting; analyzing accounting information and data; advising and proposing solutions for the administration as well as economic and financial decisions of the University, providing accounting information and data in accordance with the law; organizing the maintaining and storing accounting documents; keeping secrets of accounting documents and data according to the prescribed regime.
- Preparing and submitting timely financial reports, tax reports and other statistical reports.
- Coordinating with the functional units to organize and manage assets, materials and equipment of the whole university; taking inventory and regular or irregular checking of fixed assets according to management requirements like following up the repair, upgrading fixed assets and analyzing the situation of using fixed assets.
- Implementing, disseminating and creating the regulations and guiding to execute timely financial regimes and policies according to regulations.
- Chairing or coordinating with the relating units in performing other tasks assigned by the Managing Board.
Over the time of construction and development with various names, there have been many classes of staff contributing to Department’s overall achievement and the university’s development.
- The former management team:
- Mr. Nguyen Van Hoan Manager
- Mrs. Tran Thi Thu Van Manager
- Mr. Nguyen Dinh Hien Manager and Chief Accountant
- The current staff: