Department of Testing and Quality Assessment (DTQA) was established on 15/10/2011 according to the decision No. 1001/2011/QD-TDT and functions under directions of the Presidential Board.
A. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- In charge of building and managing the University’s test bank as well as seeking agreement from faculties/divisions on the types of assessment prior to obtaining Presidential Board’s approval.
- Consult with the Presidential Board to ensure the delivery of entrance/final exams complies with the policies and regulations stipulated by the University and the MOET.
- Collaborate with faculties/departments to coordinate the exam proof check, exam printing and exam invigilation.
- Research and apply information technology to exam writing and marking process.
- Develop final exam guidelines and procedures.
II- Management of issuing diplomas, certificates and degrees
- Coordinate with other divisions/departments to ensure relevant information about graduands are carefully checked.
- Plan and arrange for the printing of diplomas, certificates and degrees.
- Ensure the issue of diplomas and degrees is compliant with the University’s policy.
- Ensure the distribution of printed diplomas/degrees to faculties and divisions is carried out properly.
- Manage the data base of issued diplomas/degrees on computer systems and the destruction of faulty certificates/degrees in accordance with the regulations of the MOET.
III- Assessment of testing
- Moderate random results and test samples to ensure the fairness and accuracy of exam marking process.
- Analyze and process testing results.
- Inform relevant faculties if any mistakes or discrepancies in marking process are detected.
- Provide training to faculties/divisions about procedures, processes and methods to ensure the quality of training and assessment.
IV- Quality assurance
- Evaluate different aspects of learners from the entrance stage to graduation as well as their progress..
- Develop assurance tools used for training programs, lecturers’ teaching performance, students’ performance and graduates’ job status.
- Collaborate with other divisions to carry out comprehensive solutions to ensure training quality, research and develop training programs, learning and teaching methods, and methods of training and assurance.
- Organize and participate in internal and external audit on standards of quality assurance according to the International criteria.
- Collaborate with local and international organizations to organize activities with regard to quality assurance within DQTA’s authority.
- Organize training courses on quality assurance for lecturers and staff.
- Support and inspect the conduct of regular quality assurance activities at faculties/divisions.
- Conduct survey and collaborate with internal and external organizations to ensure continuous improvements of training quality.
- Inspect the implementation of TDT’s educational quality assessment and report to Presidential Board accordingly.
- Conduct internal audits according to standards and criteria to be set as primary criteria for external audit. Participate in conferences and trainings; contribute presentations and proposals for educational quality testing in order to improve the University’s overall training quality.
- Collaborate with Department of Inspection Legislation and Security, Department of Academic Affairs and Faculties to handle student’s complaints and appeals against assessment results.
- Teaching and learning activities are inspected to ensure the requirements of university satisfied.
- Coordinate with other divisions to implement the work quality management in accordance with the provisions of ISO standards.
- Implement the activities related to the ISO 9001:2015 for all divisions.
- Review and update the procedures, work guidelines and propose to replace out- of- date procedures.
- Monitor all activities related to the ISO for all divisions and make recommendations of improvements to the Presidential Board.
Room A0302 – Ton Duc Thang University; Telephone: (028) 377 55 042; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org