Candidates can either be foreigners or Overseas Vietnamese ones. The positions are available on a long-term (at least 12 months) basis with the following conditions:
- Teaching: Scholars and experts are expected to teach at least 02 school subjects with required teaching hours as follows: Lecturer: 12 hours/week; Assistant/Associate Professor: 09 hours/week; Professor: 06 hours/week. One hour is equivalent to 60 minutes.
- Research: Lecturer: at least one paper/year in peer-reviewed journals (English only) published by prestigious publishers and/or institutions; Assistant Professor: one main-author paper/year in journals indexed by Scopus; Associate Professor/Professor: one main-author paper/year in high-impact journals indexed by ISI (Clarivate). Monetary award will be given to papers beyond the minimal required one.
- Service: Services with compensation (extra pay or reduction of teaching load) include first level administration position, Head of the department or Dean of the faculty (if needed). Services without compensation include: curriculum plan/design/revision, slides and teaching materials preparation; internship arrangement, student employment support, recruitment of international students for the department/faculty; industrial connection to seek projects and fund; student affairs, international affairs, organizing or supporting conferences; searching for scholarships for lecturers and students, establishing research group, finding and introducing scholars and experts to work for the faculty, etc.
Every year, foreign scholars and experts receive performance evaluation from students, departments and the university. Based on the evaluation results of teaching, research and service, an extension of contract or salary increase will be determined.
2. Salaries and Benefits:
- For scholars and experts working under long-term contract (at least 12 months):
- Salary will be paid monthly for 09 months of a school year (the remaining 03 months without pay include Lunar New Year recess and summer holiday recess). In the first year, monthly salary before tax. In the first year, monthly salary before tax: Assistant/Associate Professor: 2,200 USD; Professor: 2,500 USD. After one year, monthly salary can be increased 0% - 20% depending on the performance evaluation and contributions to the University;
- On campus accommodation, personal office, airport pick-up and drop-off, health insurance, yearly airplane ticket (round trip) will be decided depending on their contribution to the university and the performance evaluation.
- For scholars and experts working under short-term contracts or visiting scholars:
- A working plan associated with a faculty/institute/research group should be approved in advance by the University. The duties may include some of the following tasks: giving lectures, co-organizing conferences, research cooperation, publishing ISI/Scopus papers, graduate supervision ,etc;
- Living expense: 500,000 VNĐ/day/person; and personal income and other fees are negotiated based on the declared outcomes in the working plan;
- Guest-house room on campus and well-equipped working office;
- Airport pick-ups and drop-offs;
- If needed, TDTU will assign staff in suitable time to help scholars and experts to learn more about the country and its people (once every 02 months).